Monday, October 27, 2008

Rebekah's 40th Birthday Party!

This past weekend I had the pleasure of planning Rebekah Courtney's 40th Birthday Bash! It was so much fun and I was allowed to get a little bit creative with the party! I was asked to take on this task only 2 weeks before her birthday, which means I had to put this party together really fast! It came together perfect for the amount of time I had. 

Here are a few pictures I was able to snap before the guests arrived!


One of Rebekah's favorite things is the beach. Anything that has to do with "tropical" she likes.  With that in mind, I incorporated sea blues, teals, and greens into the theme giving it that ocean tropical vibe. Above are 50 cupcakes that were passed out to the guests. This allowed everyone to make a wish for Rebekah on her birthday. Everyone had to blow out a candle making a wish for the birthday girl. Instead of just her one wish.... she got 50! =)

Above is the center pieces that were placed at each table. I tried to stick with the theme of tropical and summery. I chose to add a bit of pink into the mix to give it that extra "pazazz!"

Around each centerpiece I placed crushed shells, sea shells, and colored glass stones. 

As you can see, we had our florist place a beautiful floating orchid in the center of the vase. This gave it a little something extra and unique! 

The happy couple. Rebekah loved her party and was thrilled that her husband surprised her with a great birthday and lots of memories! 

No comments: