Monday, March 2, 2009

High School SweetHearts

This past weekend I was looking over some sample cards, programs, wedding invitations ... You know, all that fun creative stuff we girls love to love.

As I was busily scrummaging through my pile of paper I came across mine and Nestor's wedding program. Let me tell you, I am impressed with myself. These programs are insanely detailed. I believe I should be officially named the Detail Diva perhaps? I'm sitting here wondering what in the world I was thinking when it came to these programs? Oh yes. I remember. I was thinking that I was determined to have my "wow" dream wedding. And to tell you the truth, I had the most magical, beautiful, insanely fabulous, "wow" wedding I have ever seen. Yes, I may be a little biased but still! It was one of thee best days of my life so far. 

While reminiscing on that romantic dreamy day of September 8, 2006, I think about how I got to that point. The point where I was standing on that Alter with the man of dreams looking back at me with his adorable face. He loves me more then I could ever ask for. Sometimes I'm in awe at how my life is turning out. I have to sit back and remind myself that I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams.  And I mean my wildest dreams!



The Day I First Met Nestor: 
I was about to sit down at church on Thursday night when out of the blue this boy a few rows back blurted out "I was going to ask you to Homecoming." I turned and looked over my shoulder to see who had said that when I saw Nestor and his friend sitting in the seat behind me. I have to admit, I was feeling that "little girl crush" kind of feeling that you get when an older Junior boy likes you.... oh wait, I was a little girl. I was just fourteen years old! Sorry mom. 

Of course I tried to act like I didn't care but I just couldn't hide my excitement. He was just so cute and smooth. However smooth a sixteen year old boy can be I have no idea, but to me he was. He was so charming. 

The next day at school us cheerleaders had to sell root-beer floats for a fundraiser. I was at our cheer table when I saw Nestor walking in my direction. Oh no, what do I do? Do I look cute? Act cool Brit. As Nestor approached, he smiled and waved. Ah, that smile. We started talking while I served other students their floats and we laughed the entire time. I remember him acting all "smooth" trying to flirt with me and of course, I got that "little girl crush" feeling again! The day I fell in love with Nestor was that bright beautiful day outside on the hill serving floats with him by my side. 


The Day I First Met Brittany:
The first day that i saw Brittany I was in my workout gear during P.E. at Western Christian High School. I was turning the corner out of the Locker Room area when I saw this beautiful, blonde haired, blue eyed ... eighth grader walking towards the baseball fields with her"attached to the hip" mother. I immediately proceeded to walk by her and flex my muscles as we crossed paths, but unfortunately went unnoticed by her until the following year. From the moment I first saw Brit, I had a feeling that she was different from everyone else, a difference that captivated my enough to go through anything a Junior in high school could go through with the parents of a Freshman cheerleader. Not to mention the sister of a fellow classmate who disliked me (her brother). Nonetheless, every moment was worth the fight, because in the end, I found my match, my best friend, and my wife. 







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful wedding pictures of you guys!!!

high school so LONG ago, doesn't it? I remember when Nestor use to carpool with him to school...(Thanks, Nestor)

As a mom it's fun to see how great friends from your kids high school years are doing....Best Wishes to you both!

Paula Fraijo

ps..continued success on your business Brittany!

Anonymous said...

Hey beautiful. So a... I was browsing around your blog and thought you were kinda cute. Your husband sure is one lucky guy. Im sure he loves you alot and is really proud of you. Well see ya around cutie:)